Work with us
SOMA is a new Japanese restaurant located in the heart of Fort Lee, NJ. We are seeking talented, hardworking, and experienced servers to join our team.
SOMA servers are the representatives of the restaurant to our guests. Servers are expected to provide service that is welcoming, knowledgeable, efficient, energetic, and thoughtful while upholding company standards and values in a busy, fast paced environment.
- Monitors and guides guests’ complete dining and restaurant experience, always reading your guests and anticipating their needs
- Provide welcoming, knowledgeable, efficient, energetic, and thoughtful service at all times
- Full knowledge of all food and beverage menu items
- Adhere to all company service standards and protocols
- Correct use of POS system for order entry and payment processing
- Prepare alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for guests
- Ensure food and beverage arrive to guests quickly and correctly
- Ensure proper table maintenance
- Ensure guests are charged correctly
- Communicate respectfully with chefs and back of house staff as necessary
- Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members
- Engage management for any guest issue or complaint
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of service tools and service areas
- Stocking and preparing service related items
- Attends and participates in any training sessions or pre-service meetings
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum 1-2 years serving experience
- A passion for the service industry
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and a collaborative attitude
- Must have a strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Receptive to constructive criticism and feedback
- Ability to adapt and think quickly
- Knowledge of sushi, Japanese cuisine, sake, and wine preferred
- Must be able to stand, lift and bend for extended periods of time
- Must be able to bend and lift up to 50 lbs
- Fluent English
- Legal working status in the U.S.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. SOMA reserves the right to make changes to the duties and responsibilities listed above at the sole discretion of SOMA or its managers. The job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all inclusive.
SOMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.